Store Lead, New York
New York, New York, United States$17 - $18.5 per hourNew York
Friendly? Assertive? Passionate about food made from the highest quality, local ingredients? Join the Proper Food team!
- Key holder, opening and closing
- Communicate with your Manager on store needs
- Updating store inventory and placing orders
- Execute daily & weekly cleaning & operational tasks
- Restocking food and merchandise throughout the day
- Heating orders, brew coffee, pour soup
- Process guests orders through POS
- Deliver catering orders on foot
- Managing store cash handling
We have full-time and part-time availability.
Why do I want to work at Proper Food? Oh, we'll tell you...
- $20-$24 per hour including tips, starting base rate of $17-18.50 per hour
- 40 hours of Paid Time Off in your first year, and additional PTO with every year you work with us
- Top-notch medical benefits after 2 months of Full-Time employment
- A meal with every shift #FreeFood, and free drip coffee & tea
- Work with a group of fun people! We're a good time, pinky promise
- Opportunity for growth - we mean that. We're expanding quickly and prefer to promote from within
At Proper Food, we make it a cinch to eat well on the run. We craft our fare by hand fresh every morning the only we know how – with whole, local ingredients sliced, chopped and seasoned with care. Nothing phony or factory-made. Just good, proper fare that’s packed and ready to go.
Proper Food launched in San Francisco in 2014 and has rapidly grown to 12 locations in San Francisco and the South Bay earning accolades from customers, food critics, and local media. Now, we are embarking on our next chapter - bringing our fresh, honest fare to NYC and redefining ‘fast food’ in a way that appeals to the food-savvy and time-starved.
We cook all our meals from scratch each morning in our commissary kitchen and deliver them to our stores pre-packed and ready to go. At the end of each day, all unsold meals are donated to local food banks.
- Engagement with guests in a professional, calm, welcoming manner
- Constant communication is done with clarity
- Uses Proper Food’s standards of engagement for all service techniques
- Provide engaged, friendly and attentive customer service to all guests inclusive of eye contact, respectable conversation and smiling
- Practice highest regards for safety within all areas and with all materials
- Follow and adhere to all standards set forth by the Department of Health including but not limited to personal hygiene practices
- Performs other related activities as assigned
Qualifications & Educational requirements
- High School education preferred; will need basic reading and arithmetic skills and understanding
- Department of Health Food Handlers Card preferred
- One to three years previous experience preferred
- Strong organizational and verbal communication skills; strong customer service background
- Ability to have an outgoing, friendly disposition for guest relations
- Appropriately groomed for direct engagement with clientele
- Will be exposed to various environmental conditions such as cold due to refrigeration or heat due to hot surfaces or espresso machines
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Ability to sit, stand and bend would be required
Upon submitting your resume please let us know why you'd like to be a part of the Proper team and what makes you right for this role! Thank you for your interest in Proper Food, we will get back to you soon!
Proper Food provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Proper Food celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.