NY Area Director
As Area Director, you’ll provide leadership for all existing NY stores and launch new stores as we expand. This role reports directly to the CEO and works closely with our Executive Chef. If you are an exceptional leader who is passionate about people and food, energized by the idea of being part of a rapidly expanding concept, and experienced in multi-unit management, this may be the position for you.
Team building: Hire, inspire and grow the FOH team. Maintain our positive, warm and high-performance culture. Address performance issues swiftly and respectfully. Provide direct management to Multi-Unit Managers (who each oversee 2-3 stores) and leadership to the full staff.
Leadership: Lead by example. Demonstrate hands-on management, willing to roll up your sleeves and jump in wherever needed. Be a role model for delivering an exceptional customer experience. Train, coach and mentor managers to be strong leaders. Develop a deep bench at all levels of store operations and a pipeline of future leaders by continually identifying potential leaders and preparing them for promotion.
Operations: Create and manage systems to ensure all stores achieve consistently high operating standards and maintain legal compliance with local, state and federal laws. Collaborate with Director of Business Development to support and grow the catering program.
Customer Experience: Take pride in delivering an exceptional customer experience including a spotless store environment, flawless product quality and the kind of customer service that puts a smile on everyone’s face. Closely monitor and quickly respond to customer feedback via multiple channels (e.g., in-store, email, loyalty program, etc.).
Kitchen Collaboration: Partner closely with the Executive Chef and commissary kitchen team with daily communication and a ‘one-team’ approach. Communicate customer feedback and sales trends to influence menu. Support launch of seasonal menu updates and product/marketing roll-outs.
Financial and Qualitative results: Ensure all NY stores meet financial and qualitative goals. Drive revenue, manage labor & supply costs, and set daily pars optimally to impact profitability.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation plus significant upside for strong results
- Flexible vacation time
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Delicious and healthy shift meals
- Company-provided laptop and reimbursement for cell phone service
- The opportunity to play a key role in growing a rapidly expanding concept and the tremendous personal growth that comes with that.
What Makes You Great
- An exceptional leader – you’ve got that magical mix of being able to develop an inspiring culture, coach people to full potential, and hold everyone accountable.
- Able to handle a fast-paced, demanding environment with grace. You thrive on the adrenaline of handling whatever gets thrown your way.
- Proactive, resourceful and scrappy – you always find a way.
- Operationally minded – you’ve got a system, process and checklist for everything.
- Service oriented with a commitment to quality and consistency – on top of every detail.
- Contagious positive energy and warmth.
- Unwavering honesty and integrity.
Specifically, you must have:
- 5+ years of multi-unit restaurant/ retail management experience, managing a team of 20+ people.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Adept at using technology (e.g., POS, online ordering & delivery, Dropbox, Slack, etc)
- BA/BS in Business or related field preferred