Store Manager (New York)
Friendly? Assertive? Passionate about food made from the highest quality, local ingredients? Join the Proper Food team! We are looking for someone is communicative, dependable, friendly, enthusiastic and hardworking to manage one of our beloved stores and a small team of employees. You need to be good with people and be comfortable providing direction to staff. And you should also love food and genuinely enjoy interacting with the public.
At Proper Food, we make it a cinch to eat well on the run. We craft our fare by hand fresh every morning the only we know how – with whole, local ingredients sliced, chopped and seasoned with care. Nothing phony or factory-made. Just good, proper food that’s packed and ready to go.
We cook all our meals from scratch each morning in our commissary kitchen and deliver them to our stores pre-packed and ready to go. At the end of each day, all unsold meals are donated to local food banks.
What makes you great
- Strong people management skills
- Fun, outgoing, conversational personality
- Prompt, reliable, organized
- Professional in appearance, attitude and communication
- Passion for delivering outstanding customer service
- Strong attention to details - ability to recognize patterns related to operations
- Ability to see big picture and think ahead
- Strong desire to create successful work experiences for the employees
- Time management – for yourself and team
- Critical thinker - possess the ability to problem solve when faced with something out of the ordinary
- Basic math knowhow - daily accounting
- Flexibility in scheduling staff hours, able to over shifts in case of employee absence
- Experience with Slack, Excel, Dropbox and working with Macs
- Prior experience in food delivery
- At least one-year experience as a manager in a restaurant or food-retail shop
- Oversee daily functionality of the store - inventory, breaks, labor, peak times, deliveries, cleaning & other to-dos
- Establish & maintain company & store culture
- Train & develop team - provide and model customer service standards
- Oversee work performance - administer feedback directly to cashiers & supervisors; Relay performance concerns to upper management for support.
- Master seasonal menu - be a go to for ingredients, dietary restrictions and preferences
- Order supplies & manage inventory
- Oversee accounting, cash handling
- Implement and maintain food safety standards at all times
- Maintain cleanliness and function of store and its equipment
- Foster good relationship with management, peers & cashiers companywide
- Oversee daily catering deliveries & pick ups
- Be flexible - be able to over shifts in case of employee absence
- Be the boots on the ground, we expect our managers to do everything a cashier & supervisor do!
Aka, why do I want to work at Proper Food? Oh, we'll tell you...
- Top notch health benefits (Medical, vision & Dental) after 60 days employment!
- Work with a group of fun people! We're a good time, pinky promise.
- Meal with every shift! #FreeFood
- Nights, weekends and holidays off! In the service industry?! No, you're not dreaming.
- Opportunity for growth - we mean that. We're expanding quickly, and prefer to promote from within.
- Flexible *paid* time off!