Proper Food is a fresh take on takeaway. We craft our fare by hand fresh every morning the only we know how – with whole, local ingredients sliced, chopped and seasoned with care. Nothing phony or factory-made. Just good, proper food that’s packed and ready to go. We cook all our meals from scratch each morning in our commissary kitchen and deliver them to our stores pre-packed and ready to go. At the end of each day, all unsold meals are donated to local food banks.
Proper Food launched in San Francisco in 2014, earning accolades from customers, food critics and media for redefining ‘fast food’ in way that appeals to the food-savvy and time-starved. We have 9 stores in San Francisco and 3 stores in New York, and we are growing rapidly.
This is an opportunity to come into a rapidly growing organization on the ground floor. You will be responsible for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Monthly close procedures and all standard accounting practices. We are looking for someone who is willing to handle the daily accounting tasks as part of a lean and scrappy team, but also eager to improve and mature our accounting practices as we scale.
If you are an experienced accountant who is proactive, resourceful, and energized by the idea of being part of a mission-driven start-up, this may be the position for you.
What We Offer
What Makes You Great
· Highly organized and detail-oriented – you take pride in delivering excellent work on time
· Positive energy – you enjoy what you do and it shows
· Proactive and resourceful – you are a self-starter, comfortable operating without detailed direction
· The highest standard of honesty and integrity
· Strong written and verbal communications skills
· Team player, work well independently while knowing when to speak up for help
· Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
Specifically, you must have:
Proper Food provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Proper Food celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.