As Multi-Unit Manager, you’ll be co-leading the NYC Market with your Area Director as we rapidly expand Proper Food in New York. We currently have 4 locations with several more coming next year. You will be our first Multi-Unit Manager in New York. Our intention is that each Multi-Unit Manager will manage 4 – 5 locations (20-30 total employees), working closely with each other on operations that involve the entire market, and reporting directly to the New York Area Director.
You will be responsible for ongoing store operations within your territory - hiring & training FOH team, upholding and streamlining processes, liaising between the stores and the commissary kitchen, and actively participating in day-to-day store operations as needed. Initially, you will oversee 4 Manhattan stores. As we expand our NYC Market, the number of stores and employees under your responsibility will increase. Our stores are currently open Monday – Friday from 7am to 9pm and typically closed for major holidays.
If you are a strong leader who is passionate about people, detail-oriented, energized by the idea of changing the way people eat on the go, and full of positive energy, this may be the position for you.
Customer Experience: Take pride in delivering an exceptional customer experience including a spotless store environment, flawless product quality and the kind of customer service that puts a smile on everyone’s face. Closely monitor and quickly respond to customer feedback via multiple channels (e.g., in-store, email, loyalty program, social media, etc.).
Staffing, Scheduling & Personnel management: Hire, train & develop FOH staff. Manage employee scheduling and payroll. Address performance issues swiftly and respectfully. Coordinate staffing on a weekly and daily basis.
Leadership Development: Develop a deep bench at all levels of store operations and a pipeline of future leaders by identifying raw talent and developing people.
Operations: Ensure all procedures are being executed efficiently, effectively and at the highest level. Ensure functionality of all equipment and manage general store upkeep. Develop strong cross-functional partnerships that ensure the right support is provided to the stores.
Financial and Qualitative results: Ensure all stores in your area meet financial and qualitative goals. Oversee and set daily & weekly pars. Supervise supply ordering.
Catering & menu implementation: Assist Catering/Training Manager and support catering program. Create and update collateral, labels, menus, allergens, signage, oven settings, update websites.
Team building and culture: Maintain our positive, warm and high-performance culture. Demonstrate hands-on management, rolling up your sleeves and jumping in wherever needed. Be a role model for delivering an exceptional customer experience. Foster a positive, team-oriented environment that ensures the sharing of best practices and a commitment to goal achievement.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, plus bonus program-we reward both personal and company-wide performance
- Flexible vacation time
- Company contribution towards medical, dental and vision insurance
- Delicious shift meals
- Cell phone reimbursement
- The opportunity to play a key role in growing a rapidly expanding concept and the tremendous personal growth that comes with that
What Makes You Great
- Passionate about food – and even more passionate about people. Helping others succeed and delighting customers makes you happy.
- Proactive, resourceful and scrappy – you always find a way
- Able to handle a fast-paced and demanding environment with grace. Flexible and able to roll with it.
- Disciplined approach to priority setting with the ability to identify the root cause of store operations and people opportunities, and move quickly to improve performance.
- Service oriented with a commitment to quality and consistency – on top of every detail
- Unwavering honesty, transparency and integrity.
- Great sense of humor and contagious positive energy
- Flexible & reliable – able to respond to and ensure coverage for last minute call-outs & emergencies
Specifically, you must have:
- 4+ years of retail/ restaurant management experience. You don’t necessarily need to have been a Multi-Unit Manager, but you do need to have managed a team of 10+ people.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word & Excel. Adobe programs are a plus.