The Marketing Manager will report directly to Proper Food’s co-Founder/CEO and collaborate closely with the full management team. Proper Food has grown organically by simply overdelivering on our customers' expectations and encouraging them to spread the word. It is now time to step up our marketing efforts to accelerate our growth. You will take the lead in building out Proper Food’s marketing efforts – field marketing, digital, social media, loyalty and public relations - prioritizing neighborhood outreach for our stores as well as digital marketing and loyalty efforts, with a particular focus on the NY market. The overall goals are to increase brand awareness, drive customer visits, and strengthen brand loyalty, with the ultimate goal of driving sales and profit.
If you have relevant marketing experience and are a creative go-getter, passionate about good food, and energized by the idea of being part of a rapidly growing business, this may be the position for you.
Drive brand awareness and traffic for our local stores. Develop partnerships and events with local businesses to create awareness and brand affinity. Act as a brand ambassador.
Manage social media, email, website, in-store marketing assets and collateral. Create content calendar, with input from our Director of Quality, Brand & Culture. Collaborate with internal and external creative teams to develop content. Manage through full execution (publishing digital, placement of in-store assets). Maintain brand guidelines and ensure they are consistently executed across the company.
Customer loyalty. Collaborate with Director of Quality, Brand & Culture to further develop our loyalty program and build true relationships with our customers.
Media and Public Relations. Proactively reach out to media contacts and build relationships to help spread the word about Proper Food.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, including base salary and performance bonus
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Free food (and it’s wholesome and delicious!)
- Cell phone reimbursement and Macbook to use for work
- The opportunity to play a key role in growing a rapidly expanding concept and the tremendous personal growth that comes with that.
What Makes You Great
- Organized, self-motivated and scrappy, willing to do more with less and able to creatively problem solve
- On brand – you’re warm, full of positive energy, pretty funny and you’ve got that spark – our brand voice comes naturally
- Connected and excited about the NY food scene/ pop culture
- Exceptional communication and project management skills
- Strong collaboration with creative teams – you may not be able to create it yourself, but you know good creative when you see it
- You authentically love our food philosophy and mission
Specifically, you must have:
- 3+ years of marketing experience in the retail/ restaurant/ food industry
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing is preferred.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, Adobe creative suite