Proper Food is hiring a Lead Cook to join our team!
Daily Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Execute daily production list as delegated by supervisors. Ensure understanding of amounts and techniques to be used in preparation.
2. Assess recipe batch sizes and prepare ingredients accordingly.
3. Practice established safety and sanitation procedures for food handling and preparation.
4. Follow all directions accurately and in accordance with established production guidelines.
5. Recognize and inform supervisor of ingredient shortages and out of stocks.
6. Participate in kitchen-cleaning side work and inventory days as directed.
7. Maintain accurate records as required.
8. Maintain a clean and orderly workspace, frequently sanitizing all equipment. Clean up spills, take out recycling and trash as needed.
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour depending on experience
At Proper Food, we make it a cinch to eat well on the run. We craft our fare by hand fresh every morning the only we know how – with whole, local ingredients sliced, chopped and seasoned with care. Nothing phony or factory-made. Just good, proper fare that’s packed and ready to go.
Proper Food launched in San Francisco in 2014 and has rapidly grown to nine locations in downtown San Francisco and five locations in New York, earning accolades from customers, food critics and local media. We cook all our meals from scratch each morning in our commissary kitchen and deliver them to our stores pre-packed and ready to go. At the end of each day, all unsold meals are donated to local food banks.
Proper Food provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Proper Food celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.